Urgent Care Veterinarian, Mahoning Valley, OH
MedVet is seeking a veterinarian to join our Urgent Care Clinic in Mahoning Valley, OH. As a MedVet Urgent Care doctor, you will work full time as part of a highly efficient, well-coordinated team that can help provide you with a quality work – life balance. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, and is dedicated to practicing the highest quality of urgent care medicine.
Urgent Care Veterinarian:
The primary role of the Urgent Care Veterinarian is to efficiently provide high quality out-patient care to patients with minor injuries and ailments. Responsibilities include all aspects of urgent care that do not require hospitalization, with an emphasis on thorough and timely communication with clients and referral veterinarians. Cases requiring more advanced care will be stabilized for client transfer to MedVet Akron, Cleveland West or Pittsburgh, depending on where the client is located, for specialty referral and 24-hour care. This is a unique opportunity for a small-animal general practice, emergency, or internship trained veterinarian to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with the benefit of set shift schedules.
- Assist with the in-person and phone triage process.
- Supervise patient intake and evaluation.
- Provide prompt examination, diagnostic recommendations, and treatment to incoming patients.
- Divert or stabilize for client transfer to a local MedVet Specialty/24-hour ER hospital.
- No hospitalized patients, strictly urgent care and daytime ER.
- Communicate with clients and referral partners regarding patient status, diagnostic and treatment plans, estimate updates, and follow-up care
- Engage in training of clinical service team members.
- Utilize existing templates whenever possible to efficiently complete discharges, medical records, and referral reports.
- This is a unique opportunity for a new grad or experienced veterinarian to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with the benefit of set shift schedules.
- Licensed veterinarian in the state that the hospital is located
- Strong communication skills
- Desire to work in a collaborative, team-oriented workplace
- New grads welcome!
Why join the team at MedVet Mahoning Valley?
- MedVet Urgent Care in Mahoning Valley is open seven days a week, 365 days a year from 12:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
- We are committed to collaborative, comprehensive care with a state-of-the-art facility that has the technology and equipment you need to provide exceptional care.
- We leverage advanced technology such as ezyVet and SmartFlow to easily manage patient care, and Ovid Discovery for access to hundreds of texts and journals.
- We also have an in-house lab for state-of-the-art testing, and board-certified radiologists to review all imaging.
Everything Starts with Our Caregivers
- Our doctors are eligible to become shareholders - a rare opportunity to have ownership and share in the growth and success of MedVet & VEI hospitals across the country.
- We offer all the benefits you expect, plus a Generous Signing Bonus, Competitive Compensation, Shareholder Opportunity, Student Loan Repayment Program and Paid Parental Leave.
- Our passionate and dedicated team of doctors, certified technicians, assistants, and client service representatives is committed to being the best in the veterinary profession to give and receive care. Our collaboration, passion, and energy can be felt by everyone who enters our hospital doors.
- Our team members treat patients and clients like they are our own family, and we develop referral partner relationships built on trust, respect, communication, and empathy.
Why will you love living in Mahoning Valley?
The Mahoning Valley is home to Mill Creek MetroParks with 4,500 acres of trails, lakes, and playgrounds to enjoy. Downtown Youngstown is growing by the day with new restaurants and nightlife while continuing its legacy as a hub for arts and culture, festivals, and family-friendly events. The City of Girard is home to 63-acre Liberty Memorial Park, and all four of the schools in the Girard School District are rated 6/10 or higher by greatschools.org.
For more information about MedVet, please visit our website at www.medvet.com or to submit a confidential CV, email Amanda Purcell at Amanda.Purcell@medvet.com .
There are more positions listed at www.medvet.com/careers. Moving somewhere we don't currently have a posting? We still want to hear from you!
Come as you are. MedVet is committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment for all team members. You can count on us to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all team members and applicants. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, training, and overall experience and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, uniformed service member status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.