Daytime ER Veterinarian, Cleveland, OH
MedVet Cleveland West is seeking a daytime ER doctor/hospitalist for our growing ER and multispecialty hospital. The ideal candidate will be internship trained and/or have 3-5 years’ experience in a primary emergency or emergency/specialty hospital.
- Overseeing inpatients across all specialties (cardiology, medical oncology, neurology, ophthalmology, and surgery).
- Managing in-house transfers between the emergency service and specialty departments and the associated communication and decision-making with clients and referral partners.
- Managing new emergency appointments and transfers from referring partners.
- Updating clients and referral partners on patient status.
- Supporting the specialists with procedures, patient recoveries, records and communication both to clients and referral partners.
- Working with the hospital leadership team to improve workflow and standard operating procedures.
- Contributing to the ongoing training of clinical team members.
- Embracing and being a role model for our core values of Teamwork, Leadership, and Compassion
- Founded in 1988, MedVet is one of the largest veterinarian-owned and led multispecialty and emergency practices in the country. This allows us to offer every doctor the unique opportunity to become a shareholder and build wealth through ownership.
- Our relatively singular focus is to be the leader in emergency and specialty healthcare for pets.
- Dedication to our mission and core values of Teamwork, Leadership and Compassion are the priorities of our organization.
- We strive to create an exceptional experience for patients, clients, referral partners and each other!
- Opportunities for advancement and leadership are available.
- MedVet offers a competitive compensation and full benefits package including a generous signing/relocation bonus, health, dental, life, disability and vision insurance, uniform allowance, discounted personal petcare and a 401K with organization match.
- Discretionary funds for continuing education and PLIT coverage are provided.
- MedVet’s Clinical Studies Center offers exciting opportunities to lead collaborative initiatives with MedVet specialists and veterinarians worldwide.
To submit a confidential CV, please email please email Carolyn Luther, DVM at Carolyn.Luther@MedVet.com.
Come as you are! MedVet is an equal opportunity employer. We are ready to listen to your VOICE and help you pursue your Passion. We are also a drug-free organization, therefore employment with MedVet is dependent upon the passing of a drug screen and background check.
There are more positions listed at www.medvet.com/careers. Moving somewhere we don't currently have a posting? We still want to hear from you!